Why choose Michael Maher in 2020?
Each of the candidates will be a strong advocate for education. Only one candidate has the complete skill set and the desire for the actual job – Michael Maher.
- Assistant Professor in Teacher Education, Saint Augustine’s University
- Faculty member in the College of Education, N.C. State University
- Assistant Dean of Professional Education, N.C. State University
PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER
- Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools
- Wake County Public School System
- Vice Chair, NC Professional Educator Preparation and Standards Commission
- Policy Fellow and Senior Fellowships, Institute for Educational Leadership
- UNC System Educator Preparation Advisory Group
STATE AND NATIONAL ADVOCATE
- President, NC Association of Colleges and Teacher Educators
- Board of Directors, American Association of Colleges and Teacher Educators
- Chair, Advisory Council of State Representatives
Where Maher 2020 Stands
Transparency and Accessibility
Diversity and Inclusion
What is the role of the NC State Superintendent?
Michael provides an explanation of the NC DPI’s key responsibilities, as well as how the Superintendent collaborates in strategic planning for our public schools.